Initially assisted small employers and individuals in Eastern Connecticut. Today, his focus as an Advisor and Broker is to help individuals in Southeastern CT. They gain at no cost, a:
● Better understanding of MediCare
● better understanding of Medicare Advantage & Prescription Drug plans and the options available in New London County
● Better understanding of the Medicare Supplements options available in CT.
Then, when a signup period is available, select the Medicare Health Plan which meets each individual's interest, situation, and budget!
Call (860) 451-9793 [ John's Google Voice #] or send a note today - John@MedicarePlansSECT.com
● Meeting in person is the most effective and best way to understand Medicare and how plans work.
● A face-to-face meeting also avoids the Medicare regulations, which require any telephone conversation about enrolling in a Medicare Health Plan to be recorded.
Call or send a note to set up a time to meet. We can talk about your situation and answer questions. There is no obligation to buy. If interested and enrollment is available, we can find the option(s) which fit you interest, situation, and budget and complete the signup process.
John's work as an Advisor is enhanced by and clients are helped by:
● Special understanding of MediCare's complex regulations and enrollment requirements
● Insights gained from service on a national professional association Medicare advisory group's sub-committee.
● Commitment to advanced ongoing education.
● Previous experience and skills in human resources and benefits management with three manufacturing businesses
John C Parker, RHU, LTCP -
a professional Medicare Plans Advisor helping individuals in SE CT.
Knowledge of benefit trends and regulatory issues is enhanced through participation in national professional conferences each year and active involvement in:
● Master of Science in Personnel Administration, George Washington University, Washington DC
● Bachelor's, Business Administration, Thiel College, Greenville, PA
● Registered Health Underwriter, American College, Bryn Mawr, PA
● Long Term Care Professional, AALTCI with AHIP's Education Division, Washington DC
● Active in various community organizations through Committee work and other help.
● Active in a 400 plus member church.
● Former Adjunct Faculty, the University of New Haven in SE CT - undergraduate Management courses
● Captain, U.S. Naval Reserve (retired)
The focus when meeting in person and talking will be to increase your understanding of how Medicare and Health Plans work, your interests, and the value gained for your unique situation.
Note: Better understanding = a more informed decision.
Calling means you are just committing to talk not to enroll in a plan.